The United Kingdom is a land of several opportunities for people who wish to find their ideal job
or want to settle permanently to enjoy the exclusive lifestyle of the country with ease. There are
vast majorities of citizens living in the United Kingdom who marry in some other countries and are
in search of a way to bring their spouse to live with them in the UK legally. The only way that can
help them make their spouse come to live with them legally in the UK is to apply for a marriage
visa UK. A marriage visa is a legal document or you can say a legal permit that will authorize non-
citizens to legally live in a country for a limited or permanent time effectively. You may
effortlessly apply for a marriage visa if:
Read Also: UK Fiance Visa – Requirements and Procedure
- You want to register a civil partnership in the UK
- You want to get legally married
- You want to give legal notice of a marriage
- You are not planning to settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
- You will also not be able to apply for marriage visa if you qualify for British citizenship or you
have dual nationality. To get more chances of getting a marriage visa, you must apply for British
How long it takes to Get Visa
Read Also: UK Dependency Visa – Spouse Visa UK
You can effortlessly apply for a visa up to three months before you’re traveling date to United
Kingdom. You will be able to get your decision regarding visa approval within a three weeks’
time effectively. You may also check the guide processing times on the official website to find
out how long it will take in your country for visa approval.
Fees for Marriage Visa UK
The fees for UK marriage visa is eighty-five pounds.
You can use this UK marriage visa for a duration of six months from your arrival. You will not
be allowed to get public funds to apply for this marriage visa. You will not be able to use this
visa to bring all your family members at once as they have to apply for it separately. You will
also not be eligible for this visa if you are living in the UK for extended periods through frequent
Eligibility for Marriage Visa UK
The eligibility criteria, which you must see before applying for a UK marriage visa, is as follows:
- You must be 18 years old or above
- You may also have rights to give notice of marriage or enter into a civil partnership in
- The UK within six months’ time from your arrival.
- Your relationship must be genuine.
- You must be visiting the UK for less than six months’ time
- You must be able to support yourself without doing any work or getting help from any sort of public funds. You can also be supported by friends and housed by relatives.
- You must also be able to meet the cost of onward journey or return with ease
Documents you require for Marriage Visa UK
The documents you require for applying for UK marriage visa are as follows:
- A current passport or any other valid and genuine travel identification one colored passport size photograph
- You must provide a proof that shows you can support yourself and your trips like for instance pay slips for last six months and a bank statement.
- You will also require providing documents which will show where you will be living